M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Picture of Last Items You Bought (NO WEAPONS)

Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #12959
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Wife let me do a little thing this weekend. Now I get to correct everyone's pronunciation - saying it's Porsch-ah. :rolleyes
In your case it's Porch-chat
Appreciate 3
ShopVac4073.00
Buug95917675.00
      Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #12960
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Wife let me do a little thing this weekend. Now I get to correct everyone's pronunciation - saying it's Porsch-ah.

Needless, first P-Car. Manual 981 Boxster S - 19000 miles on it. Lacks Apple Car Play and a backup camera, so I'll have that taken care of in a week or two (already ordered).

Deal is - I need to let the wife get a cat. Deal is a deal though....she's now searching for one.
Congrats on the Porsch-ah! Looks nice. You will have lots of fun with it.

Suggest to your wife (do not tell her if you know what's good for you ) to go to the local shelter and find a young adult to adopt. Kittens are easily adopted while the adults get left behind.

Our present cat was 2yo when we adopted her and she will be turning 12 this year. Have had cats all my life and she is my favorite.
      Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #12961
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Wife let me do a little thing this weekend. Now I get to correct everyone's pronunciation - saying it's Porsch-ah.

Needless, first P-Car. Manual 981 Boxster S - 19000 miles on it. Lacks Apple Car Play and a backup camera, so I'll have that taken care of in a week or two (already ordered).

Deal is - I need to let the wife get a cat. Deal is a deal though....she's now searching for one.
That agreement was a great deal for you!! Well worth it!! And in the long run you’ll win twice, because if you’re not a cat person now you will be shortly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
We have several cats. I don't get to buy a Porsch-ah, though.
Gonna have to work the angle harder!

Quote:
Firm believer that you're either a dog person or a cat person. Anyone says they're both are lying. I'm not a cat person...but, more on that in the Pet Thread another day.
I’m gonna mess up your belief system. I love dogs, dachshunds especially, and I love cats!! But, I’m sure you’ll use this against me. I live in an apartment in Chicago, so I have cats. If I lived in a single family home with a backyard I’d have a dachshund, too, but I just can’t handle what so many of my neighbors do and take a dog out to potty multiple times a day. My next door neighbor has a cat and a dog and he has to pay a dog walker to take his dog out two or three times a day. Fortunately he doesn’t have to go into the office every single day. I love big dogs, too, but I love to pet them and have other people own them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Congrats on the Porsch-ah! Looks nice. You will have lots of fun with it.

Suggest to your wife (do not tell her if you know what's good for you ) to go to the local shelter and find a young adult to adopt. Kittens are easily adopted while the adults get left behind.

Our present cat was 2yo when we adopted her and she will be turning 12 this year. Have had cats all my life and she is my favorite.
I second this recommendation!! I’ve almost always adopted young adult cats and they have been great!! I adopted a kitten a little over a year ago. It was the first time in a very long time I’ve had a kitten and he just about drove me crazy during his first nine months!! He pretty much thought I’d named him Sh!thead!! I told my friends if you looked up “curiosity killed the cat” his picture would be there.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; Yesterday at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #12962
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:

Love the Porsche-ah.

As a person with a little experience with cats let me pass on some wisdom learned the hard way.

1) Do not get caught up in the purebred versions. They have more health issues. A plain old tabby is way less trouble and you'll fall just as in love with it as a fancy breed.

2) SHORT HAIR. Long hair cats are more problematic grooming and caring for them. Plus the shedding thing. Seriously, a basic domestic short hair is the best cat to get.

3) I like the recommendation to go to a shelter and get a young adult cat. Already trained but still young enough to give you years of fun. But..... damn kittens are so cute. Either way pick one that likes to be handled. Hold it's paw and see if it lets you do it. I know some people say take the one no one else wants to save it but remember it's for YOU and you want one that is fun.

Wish I was as good a negotiator as you. At one point I would have had 6 Porsche-ahs in the garage,
Appreciate 2
flybigjet6868.50
      Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #12963
Pauly Wauly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 560X

Quote:

She's a beauty! Proper flat six with 3 pedals ........Enjoy it in good health!
Karma is real!!!....You keep doing people dirty and being a complete asshole and think God is going to bless you. It may not be today, or tomorrow, or next week, but what goes around comes back around. And when that bitch comes for you it`ll be tenfold!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #12964
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

This kind of cat?

Appreciate 1
Buug95917675.00
      Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #12965
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Bought the A/C pressure manifold with hoses and vac pump from HF. My wife uses a F150 for work and the AC died last week, I found it had a leaking schrader valve but now it's all fixed and working perfectly. Decided to hook it up on my Mini Cooper project for the heck of it and it was low as well, just low enough for it not to kick on. Now it is ice cold. Just for the F150 diag was going to be $300-500 but I did both cars for just $109 including both the tools and parts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
flybigjet6868.50