01-14-2018, 02:37 AM   #281
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
You've got to be kidding me...I know beauty is within the eye of the beholder but the AMG GT-S/C/R is a beautiful car. I actually prefer the regular (new) GT-C without the big wing of the R and all but nonetheless, the car is beautiful from every angle and the interior is deadly.

I'm a long time BMW fan, I've owned 4 different BMWs, ranging from a 2005 330ci to a 2016 X5 diesel (insert 2 M cars, M3 and M6 in the middle) but BMW has absolutely lost its way. BMWs used to be special, I would never look at Benz or Audi back in my BMW days but today that has changed big time. Look at a base model 3 series and a base model C300. The C300 interior on its own blows the 3 series out of the water.

The interior pics of the 8 series shown in this thread are literally a joke. I almost don't want to believe this is real because I cant understand how that centre stack made it in $100k+ flagship BMW. Have you seen a S-Class coupe interior? It is absolutely stunning in everyway.

Anyways, to each their own I guess!
Nope, not kidding you, that MB GTR us ugly as $#!t
Like really ugly.

Mercedes, another story, obviously we are on the oppsite sides in regards with taste, very hard to find uglier interiors than Mercedes these days. Ipad”s glued to the center dash and furniture all the way, round sticking out air vents that look like toilet pipes, feminine shape and edges that define it like a fish or a fruit rather than a vehicle, ultra feminine buterfly tail lights that are terrible....
On top of that I will never buy a Mercedes and actualy did not even bother to stop by by their stand in any auto show in the last 13 years or so, nothing masculine that represents me and my style.
In top of that Mercedes rusts like crap, no anticorosive bath for the money they are asking, just a joke. I can see the rust in 3-4 years old Mercedes.
Since the SL Coupe that was up to my taste, there is not ONE vehicle that makes me look towards that company. They can keep them.
S Class interior? Makes me puke man. Literaly.
Thee is nothing in Mercedes interior that I like. Not my style, sorry.

In regerads with the interior of the 8, that might be one of the things that I like. I can not stand the glued ipad on the dash or the phalic shifter. A different reiteration of the actual 6 series is welcomed by me, I believe that 6 series has one of the most beautiful interiors ever done, period.
You are criticizing the 8 Series interior and point toward the S class? Is this a joke? Look at that S class dash board and that long double screen...

But, as you said, each with its own.
I stick with mine.

I am waiting for the new 3 Series, the new Z, or the 8.

BMw screwed up big time too with the hood line, ipad sticking in the middle, some FWD platforms and the stretched headlamps and huge grills. I skipped this 3 series generation for the hoodline and headlamps.

I wish I can get the Alpina D5 in here, that would be my choice period. If not, the new X4 or 6 will do.
Appreciate 0