View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 11:31 PM   #20
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Great news to pass on. I just closed a deal on a wonderful car, except for signing the paperwork when I fly to the dealership on Tuesday. All financing, etc. handled.
The car is an essentially mint condition, one owner 2021 M850i with only 15,800 miles on it. The interior is flawless, the outside is also flawless except for two chips, the size of a pencil point, down low on the front end near the ground. Thats it. The car also had a slow leak in one tire, which couldn't be repaired du e to its location on the sidewall. The gentleman trading it in split the difference with the dealership and four brand new Pirelli P Zeros are on the car.

I was all set to have a PPI done before I pick it up and sign the paperwork until two things became clear. One, the car has 13 months left on its original warranty. Two, the dealership in question, realizing that they do not have sufficient technology expertise to completely check the car out, sent it to a BMW dealer who they have a relationship with, for a complete inspection and it was given a completely clean bill of health, pronounced in exceptional condition without ever having had any code appear of any concern whatsoever.

The dealer who has the car, which was traded in on His and Her's Corvettes for he and his wife, also had their Corvette tech refinished the brake rotors, even though it wasn't yet necessary, and replace the brake pads, just because their dealerships do that with higher end cars if they have over 10k miles on them. They own both this Chevy dealership, a Cadillac dealership, and a Porsche/Bentley/Aston Martin dealership, among others.

The car is one of my favorite color combinations, and has every option of any importance. Well, okay, in a "perfect" world it would have the B&W sound system instead of the Harmon Kardon in it. And I would have liked to have the crystal shift lever. The car I test drove had that, and it looked really cool, but, honestly, I'm not sure it might not have ended up being less than ideally comfortable in constant use.

I spent a bit more than I originally planned, but I was somehow able to get a truly great price on this 2021. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks, very much, to everyone for their input.
Appreciate 1