bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saunders17283 View Post
Thanks, bloozemanAZ!

The video "Adding Bowers & Wilkins EQ/Sound Settings" is just a "dip your toe in the water" video. It doesn't accomplish a ton but allows you to try your first code on an ECU without drivability implications.

If you already have a B&W system, you would be reversing the process outlined in my video...which is to say, you'd "dip your toe" by coding the following:
AUDIO_SYSTEM alev4_Ram (B&W EQ) > AUDIO_SYSTEM alev3_Ram (HK EQ)

Basically since you already have B&W, this means your factory setting in AUDIO_SYSTEM would already be set to alev4_Ram so to do a simple "dip your toe" code, you could code to alev3_Ram. Of course you could easily go back and reverse it 30 seconds later after verifying it worked in your car.

My car unfortunately doesn't have B&W however this attached pic shows my iD7 after the code.

When I coded from HK to B&W setting, my EQ remained untouched. This is not a guarantee it works the other way but I can only state that I did not lose my EQ settings. You may want to make a note prior to coding though. (i.e. 80Hz +1, 120Hz +5, etc......)
Thanks for the explanation and ultimately I may end up going down a different route for my first test which should not overall impact drivability, e.g., Anti-Dazzle. The reason being is I'd prefer not to mess around with the audio as it is one reason I bought the M850i in the first place, i.e., the B&W audio which I've fine tuned.

That said as per your explanation enabling the iDrive interface for the B&W settings is an interesting angle for an owner with HK. In other words I'm curious as to whether the "sound profiles" aka DSP settings are indeed active regardless of B&W vs HK hardware. If they are that is a total plus for anyone with HK outside of the fact that the crossovers (which drive the frequencies targeted per speaker) are still hardware wise different from a B&W vs HK build.
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU452.00