bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dveshawn View Post
I wonder how much of this will be on the production 8 series ?
GTE/GTLM cars are considerably different from their road going counterparts. For example, this is the current M6 GTLM (equivalent to GTE).

Compared to the road going M6 Coupé.

The overall look and proportions are pretty close, but the GTE/GTLM car will be much wider, and have far more aggressive aero. Outside of the obviously huge wing and front aero, the fender flares on the GTE/GTLM cars are probably the biggest distinction (from a purely body-shape perspective). Interestingly, BMW integrated the flares much better on the M6 GTLM and the upcoming M8 GTE/GTLM than they did on the Z4.

The Z4 almost looked like a kit car by comparison. That's not to say I didn't love it! IMO, the Z4 has a more old-school race car look. The M6 GTLM and M8 GTE follow the trend of smooth integration of racing aero, in an effort to make the cars look more like the street car. Cars like the Z4 remind me of the 3.0 CSL Gr.5 and 320 Turbo Gr.5 race cars.

Z4 GTLM (2013-2015)

320 Turbo Gr.5 (late 1970s)

3.0 CSL Gr.2, Gr.5, TC, IMSA GT (early & mid 1970s)

IMO, nobody does the flares better than Chevrolet did with the C7.R though. This car is so deceptive. When you see it going around the circuit, it looks like a Corvette Z06, but there's just something... different about it. Then you look at it from a tight angle, and OMG the flare! I took this photo at the Rolex 24 in Daytona this year. You can fit a small child in that vent behind the front wheel. It's HUGE, but the flares are integrated soooo well. The C7.R is just pure sex in person. I'm a hardcore BMW fan, but man, there is some seriously awesome kit on the grid at GT races.

View post on imgur.com
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1
chief208.00