Carlito_UK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edit View Post
Hello guys,
In a few months I will be in the market for a new car. Wanted to order the new 540xi but unfortunately this engine will not be available for the 5 series in the European Union.
So, it leaves me with the option of 840xi GC as the corporate discounts are huge here (25%) for such an old car in the BMW lineup.

Actually I will need the car in March next year and at that moment 8 series will be the oldest car BMW will have it in production.
I was one of the first people having the 5 series g30 since march 2017 (I replaced that 5 series in March 2021) and ordering now an 8 series seems to me as going back in time.
So at the moment of the delivery, 8 series will be the last one in the BMW range with iDrive7. I'm pissed off also because the 40i engine is also the old version of the engine and not the new one with 381HP+mild hybrid.

8 series is a fantastic beautiful car, but still doesnt feel right to me to order such an old design, old tech, old powertrain...it is giving me the feeling that I will buy an used Bmw, not a new one.
I'm not one of the people who loves the new design language of BMW, but still...

What is your opinion, am I wrong?
Drive the car, like the car, buy it.
Drive the car, don't like the car, don't buy it.

If it doesn't feel right to you don't buy it. Doesn't matter whether you get the latest at some point it will be outdated. The 8 series for me is that last car's car if that makes any sense. Everything else is starting to feel like an apple phone with an engine or electric motor.
Appreciate 2
RoGo330i144.00
ronnoc28.50