View Single Post
      05-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #100
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

I assume an 8-series would be Maybach grade? An 8-series has to be bigger than the 7-series.

The 7-series is truly big. I'm not sure how much bigger but the '13 7-series is so big it takes up nearly the entire parking space. If you do not turn in correctly you will be on the line or over it. There isn't much room to spare. With the 5-series you have room to spare. I use the top-down camera to perfect the "line". I don't have the L but when there is that square thing turned 90 degrees like a diamond that some parking lots have and I'm just on the curb to not hit it the back end takes up the whole space to the end of the line and more maybe. Sometimes I feel it's not much different than the 5-series we had but when comparing the feel of size to SUVs and other cars it feels as if it's an SUV that has been scrunched vertically.

xDrive is truly amazing as acceleration feels like it's not even raining. Using LC with Sport+ or TC doesn't make it launch smooth. It's like the axles or something is grinding during the stop and go of the stability system. DSC OFF is totally the way to take off in the wet but in the dry I assume LC is better on the components. Filming from the outside it seems DSC OFF looks faster because the visual get away look seems to be better and it isn't a placebo.
Appreciate 0