View Single Post
      05-07-2024, 09:51 AM   #22
Dutt1113
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xdrive

I might go test drive an LCI m550 to see if the new bells and whistles, engine, and newer looks would be worth it over my loaded 2018. It's hard to find anything else that could replace a pre-LCI m550 besides an LCI because the m550 in general offers so much for the price vs the competition. The build quality and especially the power, no other competitors can even come close. I would like something else to change it up, hence the "upgrade" to m850 which looks nicer and a bit nicer interior. I'd like to hold out on either for a 2021 with Bowers and Wilkins so I don't "downgrade" from mine. However, I have found a potential workaround for a 2021 m550 with HK audio. They make aftermarket Bowers Wilkins metal covers with the lighting. I could then get more bass from maybe some Ghost subwoofers. I'm not an audiophile for clarity, but more bass would we nice and have the look and feel of the oem Bowers Wilkins grilles. I couldn't find anything similar for the 8 series, but if someone knows of a kit I would appreciate it.