View Single Post
      05-04-2024, 02:50 PM   #16
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Well... I call fake news on the "being denied" thing in regard to any issue with a sunroof and tint being present! The Magnuson-Moss Warranty act took care of this back in 75' folks... In order for any warranty to be denied, the insurer would have to demonstrate that the Tint on the glass led to the failure! An extremely difficult thing to do! This all goes to a dozen or so different scenarios where unscrupulous dealers and whatnot looked to deny deny deny taking care of something they're responsible for. For example, an after market exhaust on a car denying warranty on a spun rod/blown engine! Installing an aftermarket audio system and having an electrical failure with the headlights... Blah blah blah...

Sorry, but no! I would love a dealer to tell me the sunroof motor stopped working because I tinted the glass! After I stopped crying from laughing so hard, I would be on the phone direct with corporate and public relations as a stock holder making complaints! You'd be surprised how quickly things get resolved. Anyways...

Tint, use ceramic tint and don't look back. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0