03-25-2024, 01:37 PM   #312
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
My takeaways:
- Fred's gotta be kicking himself. Ferrari love Charles and I can understand keeping him, but Sainz is on the up, Hamilton is on the down. As they say, don't try to catch a falling knife.
- Alonso did not deserve that penalty. Fernando has always tried different lines and tactics in corners. Last year in Brazil, he pulled that on like every corner with Checo, and he didn't crash. Russel was just pushing too hard.
- Russel's crash should have been a red flag. Couldn't believe they just VSC'd it while a car sat sideways in the middle of the track, surrounded by gravel.
- Everyone saying Piastri needed more credit because team orders - Lando opened a significant gap on Piastri. Lando has better tire management and overall race pace. Piastri is fast, but still needs to learn more about race pace. He's catching up and it won't be long until he's in front, but he's not there yet.
- Lawson needs to replace Ricciardo ASAP.
- Poor Sargent. Albon really needed to score points.
Agreed, but Nor really isn't as good as he hyped up to be...same with Rus. Could you imagine how much more credit Max would get if he were from the UK?? Sky for the longest time tried to diminish what Max was doing and now they've finally realized they cant because his accomplishments, records, and what he is doing has never been done before in this manner by anyone in F1. At this point his success is so prominent that them saying anything other than that would be like trying to say the sky (no pun intended) is red and everyone knows it's blue.
Also, some credit to Tsu, because he is freaking fast and I would bet with the exception of Max, no one else would be much, if at all faster in the other top cars.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 03-25-2024 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
GuidoK11118.00