View Single Post
      02-10-2024, 04:20 PM   #133
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

After all the negativity of the past couple of days, here's some positivity: the repeatedly praised Hannah Schmitz explaining her job as strategist at Red Bull Racing (recorded during the Azerbaijan 2022 race weekend following the Monaco 2022 race weekend):
"Q: Did you encounter any challenges along the way
HS: Yeah I think, because it's quite a male-dominated environment there's definitely challenges that come from that which I've like, well, hopefully I've overcome everything now. But, yeah, I would say I've never had any like particularly bad experiences but I think there's a lot of people that maybe don't have the confidence in you to do a job. As a strategist you've got to tell people what to do and they've got to listen to you. And so it's building up that trust and I think, unfortunately as a woman, that was harder. But now I'm there, I've got the respect and everything and I hope that other young women who want to get into the sport will see that you can do it and we'll embrace it and we'll see more diversity."
As she almost clocked 15 years at RBR, it could be worthwile for the powers that be at Red Bull HQ and their counsel to also hear her opinion on how Christian Horner operates as a team boss.

07:16 - 08:01: